Friday, August 15, 2014

behind the scenes

I posted this on my facecrack and thought it was applicable to here too

"I just wanted to share this with all my friends and family. I made the choice to have the gastric sleeve done to help facilitate weight loss, so I could become healthier. I currently do not have an end goal number I want to achieve. I want to be able to become a nurse and at my current status that wasn't going to happen. Some people may believe that this is an easy way out. I for one will tell you these past 8 days have been some of the hardest I've ever done. I know it will become easier for me as time goes along but this isn't easy. I have to consume 60-80 grams of protein and consume 64 oz of fluid in a day, everyday. Right now the 'rules' are little different in how I get it but once I've reached stage 4 of my recovery I will be allowed to drink a drink 30 min before a meal and 30 min after a meal. I need to eat every 2-3 hours and take at least 30 min to eat. 

Some people have reminded me that I'm beautiful now, why do I need to change? They are correct, I am beautiful now but I am not healthy. I want to live a full and happy life. I want to become a nurse to help take care of babies and kids. I can't do that at the size I am right now. God has a plan for me and this is a part of his plan. I'm excited that you'll be a witness to this journey of change."

1 comment:

diane said...

I'm so proud of you for wanting to become healthy and made such a huge decision to help you get there. There is a slimmer beautiful person waiting to emerge and it will happen for you. Will it be easy? It never is. Losing weight is one of the hardest things to do.

You're on your journey now and blogging is a good way for you to keep tabs on all your milestones good and the not so good for your own reference. I'm on your side Lois. Stay the course.