Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

Today is Easter for those who have been living under a rock. Easter is the remembrance of when Jesus rose from the grave. He died on friday and rose again in 3 days. Isn't it amazing that Jesus died for us. He went through so much pain and God waited until the timing was correct for him to raise his only son. I live in pain everyday. That is nothing new for me. I've gotten two years under my belt. I keep thinking of the day when I wont hurt anymore. It may not be while I am here on Earth but I know when I am in heaven I wont hurt. I'm not rushing that process to get to Heaven one bit, but I'm so excited for that day.
Someone once told me that the pain Jesus felt was the sin of everyone who was living, who lived and who was going to live in the future. So our sins, our children's sin, our great-great-great-great-grandparents sin, I can't imagine how much that hurt. I can understand why Jesus said,
"Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" that is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Matthew 27:46. I know that when I hurt so much I become angry. I feel so descouraged when I can't do the simplest things. Like opening a bag, or even walking. I get so upset because I've lost some of who I was.
On those days where it hurts the most. I can't think I can make it I somehow find the strength to make it through. That strength only comes from God. No one else can explain it to me. In my weakest times God is there to pick me up. I've been working on being able to trust God more.
So this Easter think of what Jesus did for us. He died for us so that we can live and not have to live in hell once we die.
He has Risen for you and me! He has Risen indeed!

No comments: